Don’t ask me where 2017 went, because I have no idea. For a year where I have learnt the most, it definitely went by fast.
As my first year out of high school, and with my Gap Year Traineeship in the coal mining industry with BMA, I have learnt a lot about myself and the person I want to become – career wise and personally.
I have some very exciting news I want to share with you about this year. It’s definitely going to be a year full on new beginning and experiences.
- I’m becoming a diesel fitter.
- With the many opportunities I had during my gap year, I spent a couple of months in the maintenance department on site, where I found an interest of mine that I have never encountered before – working as a grease monkey. Essentially, I couldn’t get enough of working on heavy machinery such as dozers and graders, learning new things and being covered in oil and grease. I LOVE IT.
So, I was fortunate to secure a position as a diesel fitting apprentice with BMA – so I will continue my employment with BMA for at least the next four years, and I am more then excited!
- Moving out.
- Corey and I have decided that with the great opportunities we have both received this year, it is time to take the next step and move out together. We haven’t yet moved out into our own place, but we are planning to within the next two months. I promise I will keep you updated!
This to me, feels like it is going to be the biggest change, and I think its going to be something that is definitely challenging and rewarding in different ways.
- Travel experiences:
- With starting a new job and moving out, it may be a challenge to travel far and wide; however Corey and I are kicking the year off with a bang. In just a couple of days, Corey and I will be sailing to Vanuatu & New Caledonia. This will be our first overseas trip together… I cannot wait!
Hopefully we will get as many opportunities as possible to travel and visit new places, like what we accomplished in 2017.
- Kicking horsey goals.
- I also feel that this year is going to be a great opportunity to keep improving and meeting new goals with Chevy, one step at a time. Already we have accomplished so much and I never want to stop learning and experiencing new things that focus on what I have always loved… my horses.
- I have always wanted to give vlogging a go, and I could possibly start this year. What do you think? I’ve never done it because I don’t know where to start. I stress that I don’t have the resources to do it, and I feel I would run out of things to ‘vlog’ about. If you have had experiences with vlogging and YouTube, please let me know! Any help, trips or advice would be awesome!
So, thank you 2017 for all the opportunities you have given me for 2018. Here’s to new beginnings and a Happy New Year!
Wishing you all the best,